cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to view C2960's in CiscoView

alex.crosby
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded to LMS 3.01 (CiscoView 6.1.7) - when I attempt to view a 2960 switch it comes up with an error regarding not having the device package, even though LMS 3.01 was released long after I installed any 2960 switches...

I assume the missing device packages are something I can download, but my LMS machine is not connected to the Internet, and the links to download LMS software draw a blank even though I've licensed the software on my user profile.

Evidently I'm missing something - can one of you helpful people point me in the right direction?

5 Replies 5

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

With the IDU from March you get support for the 2960's. I've got a 3.00 installation that has these groups working in Ciscoview:

Cisco Catalyst 2960-24TT Switch

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT Switch

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

download the latest package via:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi

or directly from the CWLMS 3.0 software center (device update)

My user account doesn't have access to this - I trust this is something the software reseller can arrange?

It seems odd that even though I have registered the software license to my account and received an email to this effect, the website denies I am a customer...

your reseller or cisco partner has to provide a PICA account (if you have CWLMS CON_SAS software support)

I have not purchased software support for LMS 3. Is this the only way of downloading any Cisco updates?

To be honest, I would expect all of its modules to support my switches out of the box, without me having to subscribe for additional access to download something that should surely be included.