Views
Helpful
Replies

Having problem of Remote Desktop connection on ASA from outside to indside

sahmedshahcsd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyobdy,

We are facing a problem of remote desktop connectivity from outside to one of the server among other servers in the same IP range inside of the ASA5520 running IOS version of 7.2 and Device Manager Ver.5.2.

I have copied extended and static access list for the new server IP same as the access list for existing servers for RDP port 3389. But unable to open RDP session remotely to the new server from outside the ASA where as it can be done locally and moreover the RDP is successfully working on existing servers from both outside and inside of ASA.

Verified succesful ping and telnet to the port 3389 on the new server from outside of ASA

Any help or any idea while solving this issue will be of great help. thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nikuhappy2010
Level 1
Level 1

Follow two option:-

1) Clear xlate

2) When u will hit the outside IP which is mapped on your new server then check the asdm logs and see if any deny rule shows.

Best Regards..:)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nikuhappy2010
Level 1
Level 1

Follow two option:-

1) Clear xlate

2) When u will hit the outside IP which is mapped on your new server then check the asdm logs and see if any deny rule shows.

Best Regards..:)

Dear Nikuhappy,

Excellent job done, All I have to execute the clear xlate command and the new access list is in its place.

Appreciate your prompt response and Thanks a lot...

Kind Regards,

Ahmed

Best Regards

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. New static NAT will not connect RDP from outside to inside, but I can ping and trace right to the inside device. Running clear xlate doesn't change anything and the static is showing in the xlate table.

Further, we have static nats already working that are identical and do not have a problem. AND, one that did not work as stated above started working!

When I show conn the flags are SaAB. and the hit counts increase on the access list entry.

Any help would be appreciated, spent 3 days on this already ;-(

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card