cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's Conference Max SESSIONS here meaning about DSPFarm configuration?

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

I wanna what's Conference Max SESSION here meaning? Does it mean the qty of the conference(not the participant)? If yes, is it the qty under G711 or G729?

dspfarm profile 1 conference

associate application SCCP

maximum sessions 12

And, does MTP and transcode must be configed? also what's the meaning about the max session for MTP and Transcode?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That config you posted does not tell me what codecs you are using...

You will need to look under your dial-peers if you are using h.323 or under the region settings on your IP phones if you are using MGCP to know which codecs you are using.

To know the amount of dsps required for 12 conference sessions.. You can use the cisco dsp calculator to calculate this..

Its located here...

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl

Finally for oyu to have 12 sessions configured that implies that you have enough dsps to handle them, otherwise cisco router will not allow you to configure this number of sessions if you do not have the required dsps

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

With callmanager you can have up to 8 participants per each conference sessions. So 12 conference sessions implies a maximum of 96 participants.

This has nothing to do with codecs...

MTP xcoding is only necessary of you need xcoding resources. That is if you want to convert from one codec to another..eg If you make a call from the pstn which uses G.711 and the call is going to an IP phone which uses G.729. You will then need a xcoder to convert from G.711 to G.729

You do not necessarily need to have Xcoder for conferencing to work.

Thanks.

But Cisco document said, C5510 (G.711 only) can support Max 8 Conferences, each can support 8 participants, and C5510 (G.729a/G.729) only can support Max 2 Conferences, each can support 8 participants.

My question is , according to my configuration attached above, I'm confusing the Max Session 12 means 12 G711 conference or 12 G729 conference. You know different QTY dsp needed for different code conference , I'm also confusing how many dsp needed with max seesion 12 here?

That config you posted does not tell me what codecs you are using...

You will need to look under your dial-peers if you are using h.323 or under the region settings on your IP phones if you are using MGCP to know which codecs you are using.

To know the amount of dsps required for 12 conference sessions.. You can use the cisco dsp calculator to calculate this..

Its located here...

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl

Finally for oyu to have 12 sessions configured that implies that you have enough dsps to handle them, otherwise cisco router will not allow you to configure this number of sessions if you do not have the required dsps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: