cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

login failed trap for Cisco Routers and Switches ?

Hi Experts,

can i configure an event,when someone fail to login or password while attemping to login into a router?

if yes, how can i get the oid of this trap?

ThankS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

LR

The enhancement that you refer in the link you provided is a very nice feature. But at this point it is not the solution that Kiran is looking for. He specifically asks for SNMP traps which are not yet supported according to the link that you posted. Quoting a note from that link:

Note Currently, only system logging (syslog) messages can be generated for login-related events. Support for SNMP notifications (traps) will be added in a later release.

So it looks to me like the current alternatives are to do it through aaa authentication with an external server which can log successful and unsuccessful logins or to do it through syslog. But not yet available in SNMP traps.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Is ther any OID or will we get the trap message for login failed

Hi,

If you have snmp-server enable traps configured then all snmp-server traps will be sent.

You will prob also be able to do this via aaa.

HTH

LR

LR

The enhancement that you refer in the link you provided is a very nice feature. But at this point it is not the solution that Kiran is looking for. He specifically asks for SNMP traps which are not yet supported according to the link that you posted. Quoting a note from that link:

Note Currently, only system logging (syslog) messages can be generated for login-related events. Support for SNMP notifications (traps) will be added in a later release.

So it looks to me like the current alternatives are to do it through aaa authentication with an external server which can log successful and unsuccessful logins or to do it through syslog. But not yet available in SNMP traps.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for that,

Its good to know!

Cheers

LR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: