cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 Publisher Crashed

brahmamlv
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 6.1 publisher not responding to cluster after changing the hostname. I have recovery cd. Kindly help me by providing the procedure to recover the same.

3 Replies 3

as far as I know only changing IP is supported on CCM, changing hostname is not. I suggest changing it back, because it messes up the replication.

HTH,

Chad

Hi Chad,

Just thought I would throw this in,

This change is now supported in CCM 6.1(2) but no previous versions of CCM as you nicely noted :)

Changing the Hostname of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers

Starting with this release, you can change the hostname of the first node or any subsequent nodes in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster. You can only change the hostname of the first node from a subsequent node. The Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration user interface populates the hostname field on the Ethernet Configuration window and the Publisher Configuration window with the existing values. You can change the IP address or hostname of servers using the set network cluster publisher ip or set network cluster publisher hostname CLI commands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution Resetting the hostname will cause your system to reboot and you may lose connectivity with the first node and the network. Before attempting to change the hostname of a Cisco Unified Communications Manager server, refer to the Changing the IP Address and Host Name for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(2).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_2/cucm-rel_note-612.html#wp401012

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_2/ipchange/ipchg612.html#wp185050

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: