Assigning a priority for the queued calls

Unanswered Question
Jul 16th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi All;

If I have three types of calls (A,B,C), and the priority for A is 1 and priority for B is 2 and priority of C is 3, these three calls will be sent for same skill group, then to be able to apply the priority, I have to have three "queue to skill group" nodes, where the calls of type A will be routed for queue to skill group node which has priority 1, and the calls of typ B need to be routed for queue to skill group node of prioriy 2, ... ? Am correct?

So three queue to skill group nodes need to be in the script?

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Wed, 07/16/2008 - 04:44
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Add an IF Node before queuing to Skillgroup:

IF [Call.DialedNumberString==(CTI-RP being dialed for high prio)]

-> Yes: queue to high prio with priority 5

-> NO: IF Call.DialedNumberString= (CTI-RP being dialed second prio)

-> Yes: queue to prio 2 with prio 4

-> No : queue to prio 3 with prio 3

HTH

bilalghayad Wed, 07/16/2008 - 05:44
User Badges:

Big thanks for your kindly answer and help.

To do queue to prio, I will need to use in my ICM script the "queue to skill group" node, correct?

Regards

Bilal

david.macias Wed, 07/16/2008 - 05:58
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Bilal,

Yes, 3 IF nodes and 3 queue to skill group nodes with different priority.

david

Zin.Karzazi Wed, 07/16/2008 - 15:09
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Yes. And you need just 2 IF nodes, because on the second IF node you check the Dialed Number if it correspond to the right one -> go to queue to SG 2, if not go to queue to SG 3.

HTH

bilalghayad Wed, 07/23/2008 - 03:03
User Badges:

Really big thanks for the greate help.

And what about the "Queue Priority" node, do I need it? When I need to use it?

I am asking this, because the priority will be assigned in the "Queue to Skill Group" node, so I am thinking what is the utilization for "Queue Priority" node?

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

samuel.barnhouse Sun, 08/17/2008 - 21:31
User Badges:

I would recommend having all calls go to one QueueToSkillGroup node, with a default queue priority (lets say 5). On the success branch, perform a ladder if check for your priority calls. On the true branch of the first if, set the priority node for your first priority, followed by queue treatment. On the false branch of your IF node, place another IF step with your second priority step, and so on.

With this, all calls come in to the QueueToSkill node with LAA, and at that point, the priority is not needed, rather, priority answering is only needed while in queue.

Actions

This Discussion