Views
Helpful
Replies

UC and router 1861

dshrestha
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following requirement:

IP telephony for 8 user, about 6 agents will be using simultaneously on PSTN network (approximately 5 incoming calls and one outgoing calls using head phones), voice mail optional

My solution is:

Cisco part no.

C1861-UC-4FXO-K9

1861, 8-user CME, CUE, Ph. Lic, 4FXS, 4FXO, 8xPOE, HWIC slot

Can it process four incoming calls and four outgoing calls through PSTN network simultaneously?

Also is there a part no. for 1861 router that has only CME?

Also for future how do I add redundancy to this router?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

it could be better if you look at the UC520 8 users that is very similar to the 1861 but also has all the phone licenses included.

Since you're planning to have only 4 FXO lines, you can only do 4 calls, does not matter if incoming our outgoing.

Of course you can get a ITSP and do all calls over the internet.

It would be better if you take the model with BRI, that would give you more features and less trouble.

to have redundancy you would have to buy another units, in most cases that is just too expensive, so it's better to buy a good smartnet contract to be entitled to replacements.

Please rate post if it helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

it could be better if you look at the UC520 8 users that is very similar to the 1861 but also has all the phone licenses included.

Since you're planning to have only 4 FXO lines, you can only do 4 calls, does not matter if incoming our outgoing.

Of course you can get a ITSP and do all calls over the internet.

It would be better if you take the model with BRI, that would give you more features and less trouble.

to have redundancy you would have to buy another units, in most cases that is just too expensive, so it's better to buy a good smartnet contract to be entitled to replacements.

Please rate post if it helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: