cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 Ports - No Dial Tone

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

Every now and then a customer has a vg224 that the ports will just quit working. No dialtone. The workaround has been to reconfigure a new port and move the device but they will fail again eventually. Whomever set this vg224 up is using a combination og MGCP ports as well as SCCP ports. It seems the MGCP ports are the problem. But, I am running many vg224 with MGCP at many locations with no problems like this. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS do you on the vg224 ?

Most mysterious failures are solved with a simple IOS update.

There is a stack of 4 vg224s. The two that have the ports in question are running:

vg224 a - Version 12.4(4)T8

vg224 b - Version 12.4(4)T7

Hi, the IOS seems current enough, the problem can be due to some data corruption (bug) in which case a reboot would rester the port.

That is what I was thinking....a bug.

Maybe the mix of MGCP and SCCP is making so the system is less stable. Sorry, just a guess.

We are thinking along the same lines.

Hi,

Have you already been able to solve this problem? I have a customer with the same issue. They too change ports frequently, but their ports will run out eventually... ;-)

My IOS is 12.4(15)T5, using only MGCP.

Angelique

When I run into that issue on a VG224 I put these commands with the port that has no dial tone and it corrects the issue. It is like if the VG224 does not hang up that port when the call is finished.

voice-port 2/0

no supervisory disconnect lcfo

disconnect-ack

no battery-reversal

Let me know if that helped.

I have not been able to determine the root cause of the problem. I ended up replacing the Vg224s with the bad ports. Just crossing my fingers at this point that it won't happen again.

I have seen the same issue Callmanager 6.1.2.1000-13

Was registered properely, Stayed busy after punch downs were removed from 66 block.

MGCP Gateway

Vg224 GW ios 12.4(9)T7

After analog phone was removed from port, it cleared on its own a few hours later.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: