cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4400 WLC issues

whitefalcon6
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a Cisco 4400 series wireless LAN controller with software version 5.0.148.0. and a server running the wireless control system (WCS) with software version 5.0.56.2.

I also have setup 2 Cisco LWAPP with a software version of 5.0.148.0.

Now I can see both the controller and the AP's inside the WCS and I can also pickup the wireless SSID from any desktop or laptop but I can not connect to it.

The settings on both the WCS and WLC are pretty much out of the box, I have set no security as of yet so it seems to be wide open.

I understand this is not much to go on but any tips or suggestions you may have would be of great help. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

default for SSID (WLAN) is dot1x so you need to check if your controller is setup as a NAS in your radius server and specified in the controller with a correct radius key. Secondly, a newly created WLAN (SSID) is allway admin down. I need more information to trouble shoot this

I appologize for my lack of knowledge on this issue, first of all I have not setup Radius at this point, I did try but still was having issues. Do I have to setup Radius?

I Changed the SSID and it does show the correct SSID on my laptop.

I guess I thought connection could be made easily with it being as "wide open" as it is.

Also I am not sure what you mean by "admin down".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: