Views
Helpful
Replies

7931 - multiple companies - want to answer as a particular company

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. i have ccme and a 2801.

I have a range of DDI's, and our reception phone is a 7931.

Now, we're thinking of creating some more companies internally, so we want to answer the phone as Company A, Company B and so forth.

We'd like to allocate some of our DDI's to this.

Is it possible to do this with a 7931 phone, possibly using the line buttons? so someone calls a DDI, it lights up next to the Company A name written next to the light etc...

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Configure "service dnis dir-lookup" and "directory-entry" for number as received. Phone will show which number was actually called, even if you use a single button (service dnis overlay).

When you use multiple buttons, the above is not really necessary, because the operator will identify which button is ringing and to which DDI it is associated.

Please rate post if it heps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Configure "service dnis dir-lookup" and "directory-entry" for number as received. Phone will show which number was actually called, even if you use a single button (service dnis overlay).

When you use multiple buttons, the above is not really necessary, because the operator will identify which button is ringing and to which DDI it is associated.

Please rate post if it heps!

Hi Paulo, sorry its taken so long to respond, its been chaos here in the office. Its July and all my staff have been on vacation grrrrr.

Im sure thats the answer, havent had a chance to test it yet but thanks!!