cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Co-located IAS and WCS

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing unified wireless setup based on 6500 WiSM card. I will also install MS IAS server, and additioanal PDC just to authenticate wireless clients ONLY. I am also trying to install WCS server also on the same server. What would be the possible isseus with this scenario?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The thing is, it will work, but it will not be supported if you have issues and you call TAC. Also, depending on how many users will be authenticating to IAS or if you are using IAS for othere radius features, you have to look at the utilization on the box. WCS with multiple wlc, maps and other stuff really might slow the box down. If you are willing to try it, I would suggest putting IAS on first and configuring that, then image the box and in stall WCS and setup that. If you are fine with performance and you have no issues, then you should be good to go with that setup.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The thing is, it will work, but it will not be supported if you have issues and you call TAC. Also, depending on how many users will be authenticating to IAS or if you are using IAS for othere radius features, you have to look at the utilization on the box. WCS with multiple wlc, maps and other stuff really might slow the box down. If you are willing to try it, I would suggest putting IAS on first and configuring that, then image the box and in stall WCS and setup that. If you are fine with performance and you have no issues, then you should be good to go with that setup.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: