cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 2.0.11

niro
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few lines that get high utilization alerts constantly and it's not something we're worried about fixing at the moment. I do get dozens of these high utilization alerts on the devices and interfaces every day...is the best option of not getting these particular alerts just to remove those devices entirely from the notification group, create a new group which includes these devices but remove the high utilization alerts from their interfaces?

I still want high utilization alerts obviously, just not from these particular devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you don't want to unmanage those particular interfaces (i.e. you still want to get the HighUtilization and other interface events), you just don't want the notifications, then the best thing to do would be remove those devices from your main Notification Group. Create a new Event Set for events on these devices you DO care about, then create a new Notification Group which includes those devices and the related Event Set.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you don't want to unmanage those particular interfaces (i.e. you still want to get the HighUtilization and other interface events), you just don't want the notifications, then the best thing to do would be remove those devices from your main Notification Group. Create a new Event Set for events on these devices you DO care about, then create a new Notification Group which includes those devices and the related Event Set.

Thanks...that's what I thought. I really wish there was a way to just modify single devices withing a notification group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: