cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Dial-peers rewrite to IOS after Gateway bounces/ MGCP reset

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

We have an MGCP gateway with some MGCP dial-peers created and also some h.323/SRST peers. We specifically created the mgcp peers first to give priority for the MGCP peers on inbound calls.

The problem is, when the gateway is reset in CUCM gateway page, or the wan connection to the router goes down and up, the MGCP dial peers are rewritten to the Router. The MGCP dial peers in that case are not first priority, so inbound calls do not work.

Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are your connetions (FXO, PRI, etc)?

On PRIs this should never cuase an issue, as you dont even need dial-peers for mgcp with PRIs. If you are using FXOs try making the h323 dial-peers with preference of 1.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

I think i figured out the issue. It seems like when we configred the MGCP dial peers, we entered them manually. When MGCP registration to the gateway was broken and re-established, the peers would write to the gateway.

To resolve this, I removed all the mgcp peers and h323 peers from the ios gateway.

then i reset the gateway in CUCM. This wrote the 99901X mgcp peers to the ios. then i added the 9X srst/h323 peers.

This seems to have fixed it.

These are also all FXO ports

Thanks for the reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: