Stack member IOS upgrade process questions

Unanswered Question
Jul 16th, 2008
User Badges:

I am attempting to upgrade the IOS' on a 5 member stack one at a time and so far have found a few things. The IOS is known bad and needs to updated due to a bug.

I need to upgrade one member at a time so that the entire stack isn't taken offline and redundant connections to different members of the stack are still kept alive.

Anyway... What I've done so far is copy the new IOS image .bin file to the respective slot/member flash:, then set "boot system switch 2 flash2:/....bin".

What I've found is this only works for whatever the master is at the moment. It just "fails" after entering the command for a non-master switch.

Is this correct? If I set the new boot path on the current master it works fine. No errors after entering the command and a "reload slot X" then reboots the target member switch and the stack makes a new master election (as advertised). I've verified even though I didn't set "all" to boot to this path, the other members are still set for the original path.

Just wanted to put that out there as to what I'm trying to do and if this is the best way. Any input would be appreciated.

thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion