Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-1A-T3/E3

tom.ashworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am attempting to configure a NM-1A-T3/E3 card in a 2821 route. The router is running 12.4(13r)T IOS with Adv IP Services feature set.

My problem is when I enter config mode to issue the 'card type t3 1' command to initialize the module 'card' is not a valid command.

Anyone come across this before? Any ideas? Should I try a different IOS?

Thanks,

Tom

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you send output of "show diag" to check if the module is "seen" ?

Paolo,

Thank you for your reply. Attached is the output you requested.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi, something is very wrong:

Slot 1:

Unknown (type 1320) Port adapter

Port adapter is disabled

Suggest you replace IOS with any other version of your liking, as sometime they "forget" drivers when making images.

Failing that, contact the TAC and press until they can reproduce the issue, before accepting any HW replacement.

Thanks for the help. I will follow those suggestions. I was thinking something similar. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Tom

You're welcome. Please remember to rate useful posts.

mcallahan313
Level 1
Level 1

Did this end up being an IOS issue? I'm going through the same thing with an NM-1A-T3 card right now in a 2811. However, I suspect there may be a newer card rev as this one was from a 3640.

Yes it ended up being an IOS issue. The module requires 12.4(15)T or better. I installed 12.4(20)T and so far have had no problems.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Is that IPBase or a different version?

Thanks.

I ended up getting Adv. IP Services. Needed BGP routing for this router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco