cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two SSID

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I always have configured the access points with only SSID and now and the port of the switch in mode access...I would like configure two ssid in my cisco access points ? I can do it ? In the switch the port must be configured as access port too?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I assume that you have a IOS ap? If so, you can configure multiple ssid's but you will need to configure the switch port as a trunk to pass the vlan traffic. Don't know what type of ap or code, but look over this documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43ssid.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ok, thanks. But I have another doubt, with multiple ssid, which ip address I configure to the interface bvi ?? for example: the users in the vlan 10 ip address 192.168.10.0 for the seconds ssid vlan 20 ip address 192.168.20.0, and wich ip address I assign to the interface bvi ? 192.168.10.0 or 192.168.20.0 or another ?

The bvi is usually for you management, so that should be different from either wireless vlans. So you have three vlans you need to allow on the trunk port.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The BVI is for management, you will setup different vlans for each SSID if needed and assign the appropriate addressing to each. There is a limit per AP and I believe that it is 8. I have personally added 4 SSID's on cisco AP's without any issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card