cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two SSID

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I always have configured the access points with only SSID and now and the port of the switch in mode access...I would like configure two ssid in my cisco access points ? I can do it ? In the switch the port must be configured as access port too?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I assume that you have a IOS ap? If so, you can configure multiple ssid's but you will need to configure the switch port as a trunk to pass the vlan traffic. Don't know what type of ap or code, but look over this documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43ssid.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ok, thanks. But I have another doubt, with multiple ssid, which ip address I configure to the interface bvi ?? for example: the users in the vlan 10 ip address 192.168.10.0 for the seconds ssid vlan 20 ip address 192.168.20.0, and wich ip address I assign to the interface bvi ? 192.168.10.0 or 192.168.20.0 or another ?

The bvi is usually for you management, so that should be different from either wireless vlans. So you have three vlans you need to allow on the trunk port.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The BVI is for management, you will setup different vlans for each SSID if needed and assign the appropriate addressing to each. There is a limit per AP and I believe that it is 8. I have personally added 4 SSID's on cisco AP's without any issues.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card