Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Diffrent Vlan to 2 Diffrent ISP's

Hi Experts,

we have 1841 Router have 3 fasethernet ports and 2 diffrent ISP's are connected to Router using 2 fastethernet port and 1 ethernet port is used to connect LAN using subinterface's

issue is

1)i would like to distribute some Vlan trafic to go ISP-1 that is via Fa0/1

2)i would like to distribute some VLAN trafic to go via ISP-2 that is via fa0/2

can we use static route?but how can i define in router

Regards

Kiran

4 Replies 4

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Well you could just configure 2 static routes on the lan router, each one pointing to a different ISP, this will give you two default routes, and allow you to split the load across these.

Another way would be for you to ask the ISP's to send you partial routes and a default, that way they will send you all prefixes that they are responsbible for, ie part of their ISP setup, all of their customers etc. This way your router would use the closest match for routing to a specific ISP's local routes, and use the default for any other routes, not part of either ISP's local network.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 2.2.2.2

Where 1.1.1.1 & 2.2.2.2 is the isp inside router address that connects to your router.

HTH

LR

Thats Grate,

what if i want to route 192.168.1.0/24-VLAN-2 to route ISP-1

AND rOUTE 192.168.2.0/24-VLAN-3 to route via ISP-2

Hi,

Meant to add, you would prob want to check out the PBR tracking options available so that if you were sending all traffic from one network down to a certain isp router, then if that isp router went away, failure etc, that this traffic gets rerouted to the other isp router.

You can do this via PBR tracking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/configuration/guide/irp_prb_mult_track_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

HTH

LR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card