Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring NAT on 1800

Hi all,

I am not experienced with NAT or port forwarding I hope I can get help from this forum. My situation is like this. I want to be able to remotely connect to a DVR (digital video recorder) via the internet. What I want is to connect via the router's public address on a certain TCP port and get this forwarded to a Private LAN address like for example 192.168.1.10. I am using a client software for the video recorder. My video recording software runs on windows XP. I did this setup with other DSL routers and it work perfect. I never did this on Cisco device

How can I achieve this? I tried this but it not working

ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x 192.168.1.10

This is how my LAN side is configured

interface Vlan1

description LAN-ACCESS

ip address 192.168.1.9 255.255.255.248 secondary

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.248

x.x.x.x is my public address. I am using 192.168.1.9 as my gateway on the XP machine and 192.168.1.10 as an IP address of the machine. If I allocate my DVR a public address, I can connect perfectly. I guess this point to the NAT problem

Any input will be highly appreciated

2 Replies 2

NAT to Send incoming connections to the WinXp box.

ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x 192.168.1.10

If f0/1 is the Internet(outside) interface,

int f0/1

ip nat outside

and

interface vlan1

ip nat inside

Also if there is an access-list on the ouside interfce, then allow connections to the WinXp box.

I am using WAN interface (ATM0)to connect to the internet and assigned a public address to my VLAN1 interface. all myEthernet interfaces are for local connection. I am uing FastEthernet0 to connect to my DVR and the rest are not used.

interface ATM0

no ip address

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

load-interval 30

no atm ilmi-keepalive

dsl operating-mode auto

!

interface ATM0.1 point-to-point

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

pvc 8/35

pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

!

!

interface FastEthernet0

description LAN-ACCESS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card