cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 not taking the load with CME

mohamedrishin
Level 1
Level 1

my phone is not taking load from CME and is not getting registered but when connected to call manager it is working fine by taking the load

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is type configured ?

Is load configured ?

Are all files configured with tftp-server ?

When all the conditions are met, phone will "take the load".

a001b20043809
Level 1
Level 1

Mohamed, I'm not sure... Do you have the appropriate phone load for the 7961 model? Or... Did you generate the configuration files from CLI?

enable

configure terminal

telephony-service

create cnf-files

end

Some excerpt below:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide - Generating Configuration Files for Phones [Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express] - Cisco Systems - SCCP: Generating Configuration Files for SCCP Phones:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmefiles.html#wp1018492

Hope this helps,

Vitor

Hi victor,

the phone took the load from call manager and now it is working with CME. i can send u the running config. but now the proble is phone is getting registered with data dhcp and when i change it manually it is not gettin registered.

thanks

mohamed

Hi,

as mentioned above, you have not configured any "tftp server" statement for the FW files, consequently the phone cannott load them.

but the phone is working now and the new problem is phone is not getting the ip from the voice dhcp and is taking from data dhcp.

this problem is only for two phones all others getting ip from voice dhcp

Check switchport config for the two phones.

i am not at the customer site now.

i ll check that. is there any other reasons for that problem.anyways thanks for the solutions

No other reasons.

It is always necessary you setup remote access to CME else I can tell you that you will do a lot of trips over time.

Please remember to rate useful posts!

thanks man

will contact u again with some other problems..

thanks for now

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi mohamedrishin,

Please check the "switchport voice vlan xx" on these ports, I'm willing to bet the xx is actually the data vlan and not the voice vlan.

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: