cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Guest access to managment IP

tiago.molinos
Level 1
Level 1

Hy! I've setup a Guest Wireless Acess using web auth. I've created a new dynamic interface with an IP range different from the one used in the production SSID.

I've created a new VLAN in core switches (L2) and connected a Internet acess only router in the VLAN.

The DHCP is handled by the WLC and is working fine. The network has the Internet Router as the Gateway.

The issue is that from the wireless guest client I can ping the WLCs Management Interface (complete different network). I've accessed the Internet router and from there I can't reach the Management Interface. The good news is that even beeing able to reach the Management IP wireless guest can't access the controller, but still this is odd and raises all kind of questions about security.

Has anyone experienced this same thing? Can anyone explain what is happening?

Thanks,

Tiago Molinos

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well if you can ping the management interface of the wlc, then make sure you have management via wireless disabled. On you L3 interface, create some ACL's to deny guest network to your internal network.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card