cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Solution.

networkdefence
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who currently has version 6.0 of cucm business edition.

They are currently trialing a stonefax solution so that users can send and recieve faxes via outlook.

However the core requirement that they require is to have one ddi for where by fax and voice calls can be recieved.

Currently with stonefax this can be done with using an ivr solution where by everytime you dial the ddi you get a prompt for voice and fax, but the customer doesn't think this is a suitable solution.

Are there other solutions out there which can do this, e.g. rightfax?

Thanks

Marc.

6 Replies 6

Interesting stuff. I am still reading through the article, but the router by inteligent enough to detect the difference between fax and voice calls and then either pass fax calls to the fax machine and voice to the call manager?

Is this possible or is the only way around this to use ivr functionality.

Also will this run with a 2851 router?

Thanks

Marc.

Yes, that's what fax detection does. Should work on a 2851.

However I never tried it myself and it would be necessary some good lab before you go for deployment.

jpdschell
Level 1
Level 1

Have you looked at XMediusFAX? www.faxserver.com

Yeah ive had a look at there website, but it doesn't mention whether the product can deal with voice and fax on one line though.

Marc.

Has anyone else used this article for fax detection and got it working? Also has it worked well to automatically detect faxes or do you use the ivr functionality instead?

Thanks

Marc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: