Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS external database question

mohamed_makled
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

our customer need a security solution that enable the users to login to the wireless network with their usernames & the passwords which stored in the active directory not using the preshared key of the wireless.

if we are using ACS server and integrate it with the active directory , this will enable the users to login with their usernames and the passwords or not ????

Also our customer use D-Link access points . These access points must be replaced with cisco access points or it can be used with the ACS.

please i need your help.

regards

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Important thing here is to check if D-link AP supports EAP authentication (PEAP- TLS ).

If it has that feature then it should work with acs.

Regards,

~JG

Hi JG

Thanks for your mail . ok i will check that but i need to know if it is possible for the users to login with their usernames and passwords stored in the active directory instead of the preshared key or not ???

Yes, that is possible with EAP.

User---->Dlink AP---->ACS ---->AD

This link explains about PEAP authentication,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/SCAuth.html#wp380605

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: