cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Synch - CM6.1.2

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded to CM 6.1.2. We are currently using the internal database for the corporate directory.

I know with 6.1.2 there have been a lot of LDAP enhancements. My question is that if I enable LDAP synchronization, will it overwrite my current database of users?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM won't look anymore to the local LDAP DB after you enable the sync with AD. It's the same as previous versions. If you had DCD and then ran the directory configuration plugin CUCM won't look into DCD anymore but only into AD.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay, so if I enable synchronization, my current data will not be touched, but not be used either.

Also, can you make exceptions?

a001b20043809
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

"By contrast, the approach to directory integration adopted by Cisco Unified CM 6.x relies on two separate components to satisfy the user provisioning and user authentication requirements independently. User provisioning is performed with a one-way synchronization of user data from the corporate directory to the Unified CM embedded database. The synchronization uses standard LDAPv3 and can be triggered manually or scheduled periodically to ensure that changes are incorporated into the Cisco IP Communications system. This solution avoids the need to write anything to the corporate directory, and it does not require any schema extensions."

More info here:

Cisco Unified Communications SRND Based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x - LDAP Directory Integration [Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)] - Cisco Systems - LDAP Directory Integration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/directry.html#wp1045005

HTH,

Vitor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: