If I install VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1, can I continue IPSec VPN at the same time?

Answered Question
Jul 17th, 2008
User Badges:

Folks, I have a 2851 router currently connected via IPSec to another site.

if I install (3) VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 cards into the 2851 (show ver shown below) to connect the router to a new MPLS network, can I still use the VPN IPsec? Or I will have to remove the VPN card in order to give me room to insert and run the (3) VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1?

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ECDPAC01 uptime is 4 days, 1 hour, 12 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124-3i.bin"

Cisco 2851 (revision 53.51) with 512000K/12288K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

1 Serial interface

1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

239K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Correct Answer by tdrais about 8 years 10 months ago

Show INV will give a better display of the cards you have.

Which card that does VPN are you talking about. The only cards I have seen are called AIM and these go into connection inside the router well away from the slots on the back.

I assume you have a wic card doing your serial in one of the wic slots and 3 empty ones. You should be able to just insert these new cards in the 3 remaining ones.

Now if this is the VPN module that comes with the router you can't remove it even if you want to since it is a chip on the main board.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
tdrais Thu, 07/17/2008 - 15:46
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Show INV will give a better display of the cards you have.

Which card that does VPN are you talking about. The only cards I have seen are called AIM and these go into connection inside the router well away from the slots on the back.

I assume you have a wic card doing your serial in one of the wic slots and 3 empty ones. You should be able to just insert these new cards in the 3 remaining ones.

Now if this is the VPN module that comes with the router you can't remove it even if you want to since it is a chip on the main board.

Actions

This Discussion