Views
Helpful
Replies

How to send an octothorpe '#' character

Fabio Funaki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my customer has an special need that some DNIS terminate with the # character. The issue is that callmanager uses this character as end of dial string and strip off before sent to the gateway (in my case H.323).

Anyone know, how can I send the '#' character? And if the voice gateway will discard this '#' character too!

Best Regards

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure:

dial-peer terminator '0'-'9', 'A'-'F', '*', or '#'

or

no dial-peer terminator

Please rate post if it helps!

Hi,

I cannot test yet because apparently the '#' digit is not being sent by CallManager to the voice gateway.

Best Regards

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

There is also a Service Parameter called "Strip # Sign from Called Party Number Required Field" That by default is set to true in the Call Managers Service Parameter field

Hi, I have configured this parameter and looking in the depug vpm signal output, I cannot see the '#' digit in the DNIS.

Best Regards

How the call is coming into the router? Perhaps the # doesn't arrive to it at all.

The call control between CCM and the Voice Gateway is H.323.

I have an Route Pattern in CallManager for International calls with the pattern: "0.00[1-9][1-9]!#", CCM is not discarding any digit.

This pattern is associated with an Route List and the Route List with an Route Group. None of this elements performs transforms in called number.

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: