Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for ISDN-BRI-Gateway

We are looking for an ISDN-BRI-Gateway with 2 or more S0-Ports that could be connected via H323 or MGCP to a UCM (Callmanager) System (6.1). We need this gateway for PCs with an ISDN-Card to call different applications over ISDN. Unfortunately we have no chance to change the applications but we have to change the PBX-Infrastructur. Thanks for any help.

One more information: We have 12 locations with a different amount of these gateways (it is not possible to use routers for it).

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the smaller model you can use is the 1861 w/ 2 BRI ports, then the 2801 with up to 8 ports, then there are bigger models for a maximum of 16 ports.

Please rate post if it helps!

We would not like to use routers like 18xx or 28xx. We would like to use standalone ISDN-BRI to H323 Gateways (single small boxes). So your answer was not that thing we are looking for. Sorry.

Hi, cisco doesn't make any "gateway only" device.

However, any router can be used as "gateway only" mode without any routing functionality, using any signaling protocol of your liking, and a set of feature unsurpassed by the competition.

Beside, third-pary gateways are not offcially supported by Cisco for use with UCM, so using a router is your only choice, sorry.

Hi, thanks for your replay. But Cisco has a lot of things missing in the communication area (e.g. billing, XML-Application) and the SEs from Cisco often provide solutions from third party providers. So we are still looking for a cisco unsupported solution for a ISDN-H323-Gateway.

Best regards

Andreas

Talk to your cisco SE then.

In my experience, going for third-party device with UCM is looking for trouble, of course you can think otherwise.

Hi, I'm not surprised by the low rating you gave to my post, as often happens that the frustration for being told the simple and true facts is reflected on who carries the message.

This said, I hope you can improve the attitude toward professionals and whish you good luck.

Hi, sorry but I think you did not understand me in the right way ans so here is my explanation:

In the real world you find a lot of third party products (e.g. wallboards, gsm-gateways etc.) that are not from Cisco because Cisco has no solution for it and that is ok for us. But it would not make sense

Somte third party ISDN-H323-Gateways:

Patton SmartNode 4634

Audicodes

So I am not frustated by getting told the simple or true fact. I am frustated by the way you did not follow my thoughts and this is the only reason why you got this rating. Maybe you should think more in a customer way then in a technical way.

I would like to wish you a nice weekend.

Hi, actually I think very much in a customer oriented way, that's why I gave you the main reason why you must be very careful when buying third party devices to be used with cisco CM, let me repeat it again:

If something doesn't work with it, Cisco TAC can refuse support.

You can see that there isn't anything technical in the above statement.

Of course I know that the above is not a problem for everyone and there are good SEs around to make things work anyway.

Fact is, you did not appreciate to be told the above, and low rated. That's not really any not a problem for me and wish you a nice weekend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: