cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML Error [4]: Parse Error

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting this error when I try to look up a User in another LDAP directory. I can input the name but I get that error when I press the submit button. The ASP that I am using was on another server overseas and it was working. We had to do some NATing and routing to get our phone subnet to use it when it was overseas. That ending up being impractical for the long term so to prevent all that I moved the same file to a Local server and now it is not working. The local server and phones can get to the LDAP server. Now I put the ASP file on the 2003 Server that is running Unity, since currently I do not have access to another WEB server. Any point would be appreciated.

Thanks

ken

5 Replies 5

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

Can you post the ASP script?

Thanks

Here you go:

Thanks

Can you search the directory through a browser?

Basically are the pages that are referenced in the script coming up if you paste them into a browser?

http://10.100.2.36/Phonedirectory1.asp?action=list&id=-1

every time I have seen that error it was because a character is being returned such as the & character and the phone cant parse the character into xml, or something like the length of the variable being returned is too long or possible too many entries match the query and too many entries are returned to the phone.

FYI I figured this out. There is a note in the file that states "Required COM Servers: Cisco LDAPSearch" Well since I just copied the file I did not install the SDK, so the Cisco LDAP search was not installed. Any way I installed that and now it works like a champ.

Ken

Thanks for the info, good to know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: