Helpful
Replies

Trunk - 2xVlan WS-C2960G-8TC-L

trexen1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

my first question here =)

i got 2 of thoes in topic, between my office and a customer whit fiber connection and some fiber-to-TP converter.

i also use Nagios to ping and moniton my devices, the switches is configured exatly the same but different ip.

The problem is that one of the switch goes down a couple of times a day, very annoying. i cant se anythin in the loggs, and im not sure i have done the configuration right, if someone can have a look at it, other possibilities is that the IOS have some bug, i dont have a cisco account to download new ios =(

IOS=12.2(35)SE5

(c2960-lanbasemz.12235.SE5)

Regards

Marcus, SE

3 Replies 3

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

Your configuration seems fine (pretty simple config). One question, when you say switch goes down you mean the switch itself or the port of that switch is the one that goes down?

If is the switch, is better to configure a syslog server with the hope we can gather any errors before it goes down again. If the interface, do you see any errors on that port? Let us know

Thaks for fast answer.

Sounds good to know that config file look fine, sorry, i think is the port that goes down not the whole switch.

I can se that port 1, 4 and 7 goes down sometimes in the log

Port 1 is a computer in vlan 60

Port 4 is a router in vlan 80

Port 7 is Trunk between switches

i will try to config a syslog server right away and post the output

Regards

Marcus

Marcus, try to get us the output of show interfaces of those three ports (1,4,7). Since the switch is not the one going down, capturing the show log for us should be enough.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card