cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UK to US toll bypass

rescueskier
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new office located in London UK. I would like to setup toll bypass so if a user in the UK dials a US number, it will use one of my gateways located in US. I have loaded the UK dial plan 31.0 I have tried to setup a dial pattern of 9.001! and use the Internat->Nat discard digits. What I see on the phone is that all the digits get cut off and only the 9 is sent. Using CCM 4.1(3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

haha sorry, i was thinking on dial-peers when i wrote that. should have been Xs =)

glad to know it seems to be working now

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you talking about 1 cluster or 2 clusters with an ICT?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I have a single Call Manager cluster located in the US. I have both the North America Dial Plan and United Kingdom Dial Plan loaded on the Call Manager. The goal is for the use in the UK to dial 9,001(US area code)(local number) 9,001(XXX)(XXX-XXXX) and instead of it dialing out the UK ISDN gateway and making a international call, I want to drop the 00 and then send it out my US gateway. Both are H.323 and are connected via an MPLS network. I don't know what an ICT is.

create a route pattern 900.1[2-9]..[2-9]..... discard predot and assign a route list that points to the US GW.

Make sure only UK phones can reach the partition

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Ok, in CCM 4.1(3) it will not allow multiple dots, but it got me thinking.

I created the route pattern of 900.1! I did a discard digit of PreDot. I had to add back the prefix digit of 9 since I do all my final dial patterns on the router. It works. I will do final testing when I have an person in the office tomorrow. (I have a phone here in the US that is setup like it is in the UK)

haha sorry, i was thinking on dial-peers when i wrote that. should have been Xs =)

glad to know it seems to be working now

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I have tested my solution with the help of your input and it works perfectly. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: