Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Hunt Group

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi folks,

Got UC500 & 520 switch. Have created Hunt Groups and added members but get Busy when I dial HGPN. I also intermittently get Busy when dialling a DN which is free??

Any ideas?

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The thing is that a second call to the same shared DN will go only to the ephone that took the first one.

The workaround is to configure a chain of DNs large enough to accommodate the number of calls that you anticipate can be received, and place said DNs in overlay on a single button with the "c" keyword.

All that is confusing enough so in CME 4.3 Cisco introduced parallel hunt-groups, octo-line DNs and removed the stickiness of subsequent calls to the engaged ephone.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS are you running ?

12.4(11)XW6-ADV-IP-SERV-CRYPTO

That should be fine (although latest is XW8).

Please send ephone-hunt, ephone, ephone-dn config, pls mention which phone loads you're running on the phones.

This issue happens on most phones. I'm onsite now so your help is very much appreciated. I'm considering upgrading to uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T.bin. What do you think?

Rich

ephone-hunt 1 peer

pilot 220

list 226, 227, 230, 222, 243, 225, 228, 223, 224, 232, 231, 229

timeout 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

no-reg pilot

statistics collect

!

!

ephone-hunt 2 peer

pilot 234

list 235, 237, 236, 238, 239

timeout 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

no-reg pilot

statistics collect

!

!

ephone-hunt 3 peer

pilot 240

no-reg pilot

statistics collect

!

!

ephone-hunt 4 peer

pilot 250

no-reg pilot

statistics collect

ephone-dn 33 dual-line

number 224 no-reg primary

label 224

description 224

name 224

!

!

ephone-dn 34 dual-line

number 225 no-reg primary

label 225

description 225

name 225

load 7941 SCCP41.8-2-2SR2S

ephone 8

device-security-mode none

video

mac-address 001F.9EAB.74A9

username "seniorr"

type 7941

button 1:13

!

!

!

ephone 9

device-security-mode none

video

mac-address 001F.9EAB.7652

username "helliwellm"

type 7941

button 1:14

Hi, config seems fine.

There's an "SR4" release, slightly newer for the 7941. Try doing a factory reset to the problematic phones, but make sure you've all the FW files in flash an configured with "tftp-server".

I recommend you only use XW train for UC500.

Please remember to rate useful posts.

Hi- found it!

The Config 'ASSistant' had created 2 phones with same number but it doesn't show this in the Config Assistant (only CLI). I've removed the phantom ones and all's well.

Thanks for help

Rich.

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Another documented reason to trust CLI only to get good results using Cisco gear :)

Doesn't look like it can do Broadcast Hunt Groups! Surely????!!!

Rich

Yes, with CME 4.3 (XZ IOS), if you're brave enough to try that.

EDIT - unfortunately CME 4.3 is not available yet for the UC500.

Note 1: Generally blast calling cause more problems than what it solves.

Note 2: most situations can be resolved with the Hlog softkey. People that is not avaialble to answer pushes that and you can also have auto-logout if you want.

Note 3: There are alternatives to parallel hunt groups even without XZ IOS. Ask when in need.

OK so I can scratch 4.3 for UC500-thanks for saving me time trawling.

Note 3 sounds promising. Can you help?

Rich

That is shared lines, however there drawbacks mainly related to additional calls coming in, that force you to daisy-chain DNs with CFB.

Basically you assign the same DN to multiple phones making it a shared line.

Then if you're really adventurous you can try a script that I wrote for blast calling:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/bcast.tcl

All in all is better to spend some time to educate end users to the use of HLog - it worked for so so fare even when they were crying for blast calling.

Hi-thanks again. So using shared line will only allow 1 call in at once, is that right?

The thing is that a second call to the same shared DN will go only to the ephone that took the first one.

The workaround is to configure a chain of DNs large enough to accommodate the number of calls that you anticipate can be received, and place said DNs in overlay on a single button with the "c" keyword.

All that is confusing enough so in CME 4.3 Cisco introduced parallel hunt-groups, octo-line DNs and removed the stickiness of subsequent calls to the engaged ephone.

Got it working using hunt stops and lots of extra ephone-dn's. What a pain! UC500 does not support Broadcast Hunt Groups???!!! Pretty poor that.

Thanks for your replies.

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: