cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call does not go to voicemail

alexmontanez
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a second call handler and routing rules to play a different greeting with menu options when a specific number calls our corporate office.

It works to the point that you can press option one and the phone will ring in department A. or press option 2 and subscriber B phone will ring.

The problem is that if the phone is not answered, instead of going to the department or subsciber voicemail it goes back to the greeting message. I copied all the settings (except for the caller input settings from our "Opening Greeting" call handler which works fine.

The only difference I see is that in the "Routing Rules" tables the "Type" of the new Route entry is "Forwarded" and the "Opening Greeting" has a "Type" of "System".

Thanks

4 Replies 4

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under call transfer for the department or subscriber, ensure the transfer type is release to switch.

Call transfer is setup to release to switch.

Alex, can you enable skinny, conversation state, and call flow traces and provide me with these files after reproducing the problem? Please ensure to include the calling and called party numbers.

Hi,

I was able to fix the issue by creating a CTI route point in call manager and pointing to the call handler by using an extension number. For some reason if I access the new Call Handler using Call Routing in Unity, it does not release the call to the voicemail of the extension when there is no answer, but if I use a CTI routing point in the call manager, it releases the call without any problems.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: