cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PHONES RESTARTING INTERMITENTLY

snzeadibe
Level 1
Level 1

I installed like 150phone on a cisco call manager 6.1. i noticed that the phones reset often on their own.

Can someone tell me what could be responsible and how i can solve this.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Do you suspect that they are loosing connection with the callmanager? Do you think that they loose power all together, or just reset? Do they all reset at the same time, or sporatically? Are the ones that reset common to a switch in particular (POE switch)? Is it only a particular subnet of phones? Is it one type of phone (7941s only), or all phones and types? Does it happen during a particular time of day, or anytime? Etc., etc.

Just some thought provoking questions, to help narrow down what is actually going on.

Can you also post what you see on Phone Setting->status-> Network statistics and status when the Phone in question is restarting .

The phones reset sporadically

On the Network Status it shows

Rx Frame:

Tx Frame:

Rx Frame:

Elapsed Time:

Reset-Restart

Port1 100 Full

Port2 100 Full

DHCP disabled

Thanks

Hope to hear from you

Anyone with an answer shld pls respond

hey

as john mentioned, there are many things to consider with this. im responding because im having phones at one of my branches resetting once everyday for the past month. im still troubleshooting, however, its not actually an issue with phones per say. i have narrowed this down to my input queue being overwhelemed and that drops all data for one second. Still in the process of finding out what is causing it

have you taken a look to see if any errors exist on the swtiches/routers, whats the staus messages on the phones, do you have any thing monitoring the network?

whats the background on the issue. were these phones working for a while and it just happened or is it happening since install? Are all phones affected,was an upgrade done, is there any slowness on the network etc etc....

Any luck resolving this? We have a similar issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: