cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding

tomahawk72
Level 1
Level 1

If an internal user dials a users extension the call forwards to the users cell phone...good.

If someone calls the user using the main company number with his extension on the end (xxx-xxx-5914) the call forwards to his cell phone....good.

If someone calls the main office number then enters in his extension when prompted the call does not forward and goes to voice mail...bad.

Any ideas why?

This is CCM 3.3

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

guess you don't have the same CFNA and CFB for internal and for external.

calls routed from unity are considered internal and that is working as designed

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Sorry but I don't know what CFNA or CFB mean.

Call Forward No Answer

Call Forward Busy

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Randy,

Just to add a note to the good info from Jaime, I don't think the Internal/External Forward settings existed in CCM 3.3. Can you take a look at the Transfer settings in Unity and make sure they are set to "Ring Phone" not "Directly to VM"

Just a thought,

Rob

It's set to ring his extension.

And no, I don't see any internal/external forwarding settings.

I wanted to bump this up so some others have a chance to see it.

I still haven't been able to figure this out.

Hate to bump this up again...but we're still unable to figure out what is causing this problem.

I'm going to assume you have unity for your Autoattendant. Under the Call directory how is Unity set to transfer the call? Blind or supervised?

It sounds like Unity is not releasing the call...

Just a guess tho...

What is the Unity version that you are using?

If you open the port status monitor, what do you see on the port that is handling the call?

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

When the main office number is called, what is handling the call from there? Is it Unity?

It sounds like whatever it is does not send the call to the phone for it to be diverted on to the cell phone.

All the above instances that you have outlined appear to show that call manager is doing it's job ok.. but the last instance seems to indicate that the call is staying within the Voice mail application and not being sent on.

Do any other users have this problem? Are they set up the same way?

conf t

ephone-dn X

call-forward noan xxx-xxx-5914 timeout 16

please rate this post if helpful

disregard the last post I thought it was an callmanger express.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: