cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge in using IP phone

Pandiyan.d
Level 1
Level 1

My requirement is, I have to barge in to the other ip-phone from my ip-phone and listen to his conversation.

How do I create an access code so that I can type in this access code and type the directory number of the ip-phone to listen to the conversation or is there any other method.

I have done the following

1.Built in bridge status is on for the device.

2.Created new non standard softkey template and it is assigned to the device.

3.Created a test user under "User Management" and associated the device with the test user.

Pl provide your suggestions...

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the basic barge we provide does not allow any kind of codes or dial into any phone, you need shared lines to do this. This does not work without having a shared line with every phone you want to barge in.

look into UCCX monitoring for what you want

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I have installed Cisco supervisor desktop on a PC.The supervisor can see the agent as the meber of his team, but can't use the barge-in and intercept keys as these are showing inactive(greyed out).

Whenevr the agent(CAD on other PC) changes its state, the supervisor can clearly see in the CSD.

This is IPCCX6.0 prem setup with CCM 4.3(1)

CAd and CSD are running on two different PC.Supervisor on one PC using CSD is trying to barge-in/intercept agent using CAD on another PC.

What is the problem?

The agent and supervisor have individual extentions!!