Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity voice mail issue

hclvoice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

We have a Qsig trunk between Avaya to Cisco callmanager.when one of my user foward his calls from Avaya extension to call manager extension, the forwarded call dose not go to user's voice mail. It gives welcome to Cisco unity announcement.

When we call direct Cisco phone extension the call goes to users voicemail fine. Can some one guide, what should be done to resolve this issue.

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try and add the avaya's extension as an alternate extension on the for th subscriber in unity.

Go to the subscriber in unity and on your left handside on the list of parameters for the subscriber, you will see alternate extension. Add the vaya's extension there

Please rate all useful posts

I would like to elaborate more, forwarding in the cisco world does not re-write the original redirect party EVER. There is a trick by running the call through the Cisco TCD Service you can effectively reset the redirect number... however aokanlawon's solution is the cleanest!

Chad

Thanks for all your response.

i tried defining the alternate extension number in unity ,but the issue is same.

Any other ideas!

In the QSIG trunk, on the Avaya, you need to have the correct version of QSIG software. I had this problem at a client and it was the same problem. (or Avaya networking version??)

Basically, all the PRIs came into Avaya. Then we moved some DID's over to the Cisco side of house. The calls came into the Avaya, re-routed through the QSIG trunk to a voice gateway. MGCP picked up the call and rang the phone. after 4 rings to Unity. All works great. But as soon as we put the phone on forward all to voicemail, Unity would not work.

We repeated the test, but the DIDs coming in directly to the voice gateway (PRI, MGCP, router, cucm) and all works fine.

We narrowed it down to the Avaya networking version.

My advice, get the DIDs moved over to the new PRIs on the Cisco router and it will resolve itself.

cheers