cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we ring an IP phone while its CFWDALL?

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an IP Phone 7971 which I have call forward to another extension phone. However, I would like to ring this phone though it has call forwarded all calls. Is it possible?

I have tried configuring MLPP in translation pattern but I got an invalid tone.

Any advise?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tony,

Just to add a note to the great info from Jaime,Robert and Marwan (+5 points for all of you for your help with this interesting question :)

There is a feature, which is called "CFA Destination Override" is available in CCM 5.X and CCM 6.x. Have a look;

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4), for information about configuring service parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

From this CCM 5.1.(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bb8.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is not possible, when you call the phone the DA process will look at the forwarding table and directly call whatever you have set in there without ringing the phone

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I believe we can as for analog phones using Nortel phones, when the phone is switch to DND(Do not Disturb) mode, the phone will forward all calls to another phone. However, nortel phone is able to trigger a call to the phone while its in DND mode. Any workaround?

Can we assign a virtual number to the phone so that we can still call to the phone though it has call forwarded using its main extension?

Any thoughts?

we also have DND in CUCM 6.x and it's designed for the phone not to ring, but you will get a visual indication and will get the notification of missed calls. it will follow the CFNA behavior if no answered, maybe that helps?

the behavior we have for CFA won't allow the phone to ring or get any indication it was called.

About the TOD suggestion that won't work, that will only route the calls to another DN but still won't get any kind of notification and the other phone will ring normally if you do not configure anything else.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

honniesr
Level 1
Level 1

Not that I am aware of. However, you can setup call forward no answer (CFNA). When you do this, it will ring on the phone first, then forward to the number you select.

With CCM 6, this can be setup by the user using the CCMUSER webpage.

HTH

Thanks,

Robert

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ITS POSSIBLE

u can use a feature in cisco CCM called time-of-day routing

with this feature u can activate and deactivate partitions based on time sechedule

lets say u have a phone has a partition applied on the phone or line its self and partion between 9:00 and 17:00 and the CFWA partition will be active after 17:00

hope this will help u cos it is useful feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03tod.html

Rate if helpful

Hi Tony,

Just to add a note to the great info from Jaime,Robert and Marwan (+5 points for all of you for your help with this interesting question :)

There is a feature, which is called "CFA Destination Override" is available in CCM 5.X and CCM 6.x. Have a look;

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4), for information about configuring service parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

From this CCM 5.1.(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bb8.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob, i keep learning from you =) was not aware of that parameter!!

Hope he has 5.x or 6.x to use it

+5 points for you.

hope you're doing well

javalenc

HTH

java

Hey Jaime,

I think the learning thing goes both ways my friend and that is what makes these forums so valuable. Life is great! Just back from vacation which is always tough but we have to pay the bills somehow ;-)

Take care buddy!

Rob

Rob,

You are simply amazing! +5 points for you!

I dare say we need to give you another title " Father of Unified Communications!"

Please rate all useful posts

Hey Deji,

Thanks alot buddy! Does this reference to "Father" have anything to do with my advancing age ;-)

Take care and thanks for your very kind words (they mean a great deal to me!)

Rob

WOW!! that was really wonderful replies.

I will try it out and get back to this forum again!! Thanks for the input.

Cheers :)

Hi Rob,

I have tested it out and the CFA Destination Override does work for me now and its proven.

Thanks for the feedback and others who have made the replies.

Have a great day!!

Cheers,

Tony

MuralidharanR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

We have a option in call manager i beleive.

Select the Particular phone go to line level, you can find a option to allow the phone to ring for a specified time RNA and then try with call forward option.

Thanks

Hi Tony,

Good stuff my friend! Glad to know that this solution worked for you. Please do keep coming back to visit these forums, your participation is always welcome :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: