cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity:Unity Networking

vikramdahiya
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying integrate Unity with Unity Express. WHile configuring Unity learnt that Delivery Location have option available for Destination type only SMTP. No other option like VPIM available . Please guide what I may have missed.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vikram,

Have a look at this excellent doc that details this type of integration quite nicely;

Configuration Example: Cisco Unity Express Networking

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a00804dfe88.shtml#verify

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks, yup this is really a good one.. I will follow it up hopes wont have any problems .

Have nice time.

Thanks.

Vikram SIngh

Hi,

It will be great if can confirm, whether Unity and CUE VPIM networking will run fine without DNS.

Please suggest what all should i be taking care of.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vikram Singh

Hi Vikram,

DNS is required for this type of integration;

Limitations and Restrictions

The following considerations apply to the setting up of VPIM networking between Cisco Unity Express and Cisco Unity:

Each location ID (dial ID) must contain at least three digits.

Network addressing must be done through DNS (in other words, with hostnames). Direct IP addresses can be used for networking between Cisco Unity Express sites, but they cannot be used if any of the sites in the network are Cisco Unity systems.

If network broadcast messaging is used, the VPIM broadcast ID on Cisco Unity Express must be configured to be numeric only. The default string (vpim-broadcast) is alphanumeric and cannot be used to network with Cisco Unity.

Cisco Unity Express allows configuration of up to 500 sites (one local and up to 499 remote).

A redirect server (such as sendmail) can technically be used to redirect SMTP messages for VPIM networking between Cisco Unity Express and Cisco Unity, but this is an untested and unsupported configuration.

Each domain suffix must be unique within the Cisco Unity Express and Cisco Unity sites. For example, naming the sites cue4.cisco.com, cue6.cisco.com, and unity.cisco.com does not work, because the suffix for all sites is cisco.com. Instead use a scheme such as cue4.cue.cisco.com, cue6.cue.cisco.com, and unity.unity.cisco.com. This scheme distinguishes between the cue.cisco.com and unity.cisco.com domains.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a00804dfe88.shtml#prerequisites

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: