CCNA -> CCVP

Answered Question
Jul 18th, 2008

Hi friends,

I just passed my CCNA exam yesterday (not the CCNA Voice). Today I was checking my certification progress online and it shows that I'm enrolled for all professional level certs except CCVP track which I would like to pursue. I checked CCVP requirements and it says CCNA is excepted until June 2009. Do I have to take CCNA Voice before I go for CCVP?

Thank you all and good luck.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by srue about 8 years 4 months ago

it will 'enroll' you in ccvp once you take/pass your first ccvp exam.

i can't tell from the way its worded, but it looks like you have until june 24,2009, to do all ccvp exams and pass them. if you dont pass them all by then, you will need to do ccna-v. at least that's what it looks like. you may want to email certification support and clarify with them.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
garhett Fri, 07/18/2008 - 04:40

any time I passed a test it auto enrolled me in a ton of stuff too. from what I understand what you see there doesnt really matter.

Correct Answer
srue Fri, 07/18/2008 - 04:42

it will 'enroll' you in ccvp once you take/pass your first ccvp exam.

i can't tell from the way its worded, but it looks like you have until june 24,2009, to do all ccvp exams and pass them. if you dont pass them all by then, you will need to do ccna-v. at least that's what it looks like. you may want to email certification support and clarify with them.

mohammadrocky Tue, 08/12/2008 - 10:26

Hi Dude, i also have the same doubt, i did ccna in may 2008, and i ve also started preparing for cvoice 6.0. i heard that i have to finish all the 5 papers of ccvp before july 2009. if not i have to take ccna-voice to make my ccvp papers valid. reply me if u come to know any further info.

Stepanek Wed, 08/27/2008 - 00:32

or you must have CCIP (perhaps QOS) or any CCIE :)

(in my CCVP Certification Progress)

Actions

This Discussion