cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Software V.5.0.148.0 and Webpage Load Failures

thefindjack
Level 1
Level 1

Im running WLC software version 5.0.148.0 and I am seeing issues with the HTTP/HTTPS server on the WLC. It seems like the HTTP/HTTPS services suddenly stop after a while and you are no longer able to login in to the administrator or redirect to the webpage for guest login. The only way I have found to resolve this is to reboot the controller. Has anybody also had this problem with the 5.x software?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

edward.weir
Level 1
Level 1

This is due to bug CSCsm98250. This bug is now fixed in version 5.0(158.0), 5.2(33.0), v5.1(111.0) and 5.0(148.1) but unfortunately it is not posted online as yet. Please contact Cisco on getting a patch which I have done.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

edward.weir
Level 1
Level 1

This is due to bug CSCsm98250. This bug is now fixed in version 5.0(158.0), 5.2(33.0), v5.1(111.0) and 5.0(148.1) but unfortunately it is not posted online as yet. Please contact Cisco on getting a patch which I have done.

Thanks for the great info, I called TAC and I have applied the patch.

On a side note for everybody else that has read this post, according to TAC the new version of the code is supposed to be posted on Monday (7/21) or Tuesday (7/22) of next week.

Hi David,

Thanks for the follow-up post and the value it has brought to the forum. Keep it up!

Cheers!

Paul

Just got a new 4402 controller in and went to version 5.1.151.0 ED right away, before configuring much of anything on it.

Now that I've done the initial config, I've found that with Web-Auth - Authentication enabled, no redirect at all was occuring (take it off and you could go directly to a web site as expected of course). This is in part what brought me to the forums looking for any insight - And per an earlier post "above", this new version should have the fix mentioned, but it still seems problematic.

Have also downgraded to 5.0.148.2 ED, but was met with the same results. Perhaps others will have different luck with 5.x, but passing my experiences on. In the process of downgrading further to 4.2.130.0 MD as I type this.

Also note: In 5.1.151.0 (possibly 5.x?) the message body for the internal Web Login Page was not retained after a reboot (obviously the config was saved prior to reboot).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card