Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.2(3) -> transfer-system

abartolomeu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I would like to know if it's possible to a receptionist decide to transfer some calls without answering them and some other consulting first.

Best regards,

Ana Bartolomeu

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM cannot make decisions based on calling number. you need to take the call and then transfer it.

you can configure something like this on H323 but it's going to be hardcoded to transfer X caller to Y phone always (cannot be controlled or changed from phone), if you want to modify that, you would need to get into the CLI and modify the translation rules.

UCCX can do this because it can take intelligent decisions based on several parameters you configure

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

disregard my post, i missed the fact this is CME and not CUCM.

javalenc

HTH

java

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ana,

Yes you can decide how to transfer for each call.

To do a direct transfer, after entering the number you're transferring t (or pressing a monitor button), just hang up of press the transfer softkey again.

If you don't do that, it will be a blind transfer. You can also configure certain patterns to be blind transfer only.

Please rate post if it helps!

Let me try to describe better the real scenario. There are two receptionists working. We would like that when one of them considers that is having to many calls, she would be able transfer(forward) a call to the other receptionist before answering it.

Ana

Hi,

when you use an ephone-hunt as is normal for operators, it will give the call to the next operator when one cannot answer. This have the advantage of not requiring any action by the busy operator.

Beside that, when you nuse B-ACD/AA, you will have a queue system so that calls will placed waiting for an operator to answer.

Thanks for your help. I will try to decide what will be more suitable.

There is more...Their telephone numbers are different, like separated departments. Receptionists should not answer each other's calls only if one of them decides to pass the call to the other.

Hi, with hunt-groups each member has different extensions number. When an operator cannot answer a call, it will be given to the next one after a timeout that you can configure.

Then when operator doesn't want to take more calls for a while, press the softkey Hlog and is logged out of the hunt-group until the key is pressed again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: