cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting Up Call Through Service Provider in CME

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

We have an office setup on CME that is looking to save cost by using a 3rd party 'call through' service providers. Meaning they dialing a number, wait, dial the number they wish to call and press #. We are using ISDN PRI at this location so I think a TCL IVR script would be in order here.

Is there another way to do this?

How difficult is this to script yourself?

Can anyway point me to good TCL IVR scripting resources?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

TCL scripting is not easy at all. Beside the reference manual, you can look at some scripts that I wrote:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

So for easy and effective cost saving, you best choice would be looking to SIP based service providers, there are many to choose from.

Please rate post if it helps!

Thanks, yeah I already took a look at your scripts Paolo! Anyone in particular that might help? :)

As far as the SIP providers, this site is based in the UK, so I am not sure how much of a cost save they might provide. Any ideas?

Check for example "number2name-anidnis", it is a "redialer" that does some massaging on numbers, the concept would be similar to what you're doing.

SIP providers are a global thing. It doesn't matter where you're located, unless VoIP is prohibited (thanks heaven it is not in Europe), you can benefit from that. I don't really want to make names as I don't have anyone to endorse for free :)

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: