cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uPNP support in IOS nat

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone know if Cisco will support uPNP under IOS nat? I have not had much success in my searches on it

Thanks,

Eric

3 Replies 3

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco doesn't support UPnp.

I actually asked out account manager about this a while ago and it seems in a more 'corporate' world there isn't really a need for uPnP since other features overlap with it. Plus would you really want internal users on a corporate network dynamically mapping ports to internal resources?

This is where the linksys products fit it (his words...) so if you want uPnP then go with a linksys router.

Andy

That is what I figured. Unfortunately, in my situation, we have "guests" that sometimes try to run uPnP apps on our wireless and I have not found a uPnp device capable for large loads.

Our network is designed for guest access only - Convention center attendees, etc. and we run our network like an isp in which we do not provide security for clients, only our stuff. So, yes, I would not want uPnp for a secure environment, but it would be handy in the event such as a gamers conference. I only have so many public IPs to hand out, and would prefer to reserve them for paying customers vs

the free wireless.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card