Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit IP-Phone configuration -''That key is not active here''

acerda
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I hope you are doing fine, I would like if anybody can help me on the following issue, I need edit the configuration specific the DNS for one IP-Phone 7940 before to change to all cluster (4.2sr3), but when I tried to edit on my ip-phone it show a message 'That key is not active here', I did the procedure with padlock open, please let me know if have to change anything on the Publisher configuration...and what impact can get changing DNS to full cluster?

Thanks in advance

Andres

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Most times DNS information are obtained from the DHCP server, so since its not statically configured you cant edit it that way.

To edit it, you will need to diable dhcp, and manually configure the phone settings, IP address etc. You can then change the DNS settings

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks Aokanalwon

I tried to change the DHCP server to my ip-phone for go next with all setting but, it still showing me the message ''That key is not active here''.

Any sugguest?

Andres

You have to first of all disable DHCP!

Then configure all the ip addres, dsn manually

Please rate all useful posts

Thxs!

A

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andres,

When you see 'That key is not active here' it usually means that on the Phone Configuration page in CCM under the Product Specific Configuration "Settings Access" has been set to Disabled.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

But this parameters is on Settings Access: Enabled

Any others sugguest?

Andres

I'm having the same issue, even after disabling dhcp on the network. This is a new phone right out of the box, 7965G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: