CVP Question

Unanswered Question
Jul 18th, 2008

I just want to verify something here. We are having an issue at a customer where randomly, calls are put on hold by agents and when they attempt to take the call off hold, the call is gone.

As I understand it, when that call is at the agent CVP is out of the loop. The call is established between the IP Phone and the Gateway the call came in on (these calls come in via PSTN).

Environment is CVP 3.0.

TAC is telling us to enable MTP on the gatekeeper trunk but I don't think this is the issue.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hgadatia Fri, 07/18/2008 - 07:58

Hi Andy,

CVP is still in the call after it gets to the agent from a signalling perspective for subsequent transfers etc..

Do you see anything specific in the VB logs when this issue occurs? Typically there's a message like "supplementary services invoked" in the VB logs when hold/resume is done on the agent side.

adignan Fri, 07/18/2008 - 08:07

Let me clarify something. I understand CVP is still in control for transfers. But, when the call is put on hold, even if an MTP were to be invoked (there should be no need for one if its a Cisco IP Phone and a Cisco Voice Gateway with the call arriving on a POTS connection) it would be the MTP assigned to the phone/gateway and not the MTP assigned to the gatekeeper, correct?

This happens randomly and the system was designed to not require an MTP's (all calls arrive from POTS routed called). I am not sure why TAC thinks enabling MTP on the gatekeeper should solve the issue.

adignan Fri, 07/18/2008 - 08:33

We were able to re-create the issue (finally) on non-CVP calls as well so I feel we are dealing with a CM/Gateway/Phone issue as opposed to a CVP or MTP issue.

Abdulbaseer Mohammed Sun, 07/20/2008 - 23:05

You may want to check the CVP script how they are terminating/delivering call on agent. If the CVP script is still active, unlikely but who knows there is call consult etc.

In normal routing when the call is delivered to an agent all IVR's including CVP is out of the picture, unless client uses some sort of CVP loop (direct call to cvp) to play music while on hold.

Is the call gone always for all agents before taking off hold?

Good luck.

This Discussion