cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Operations Manager / Service Monitor

w.speckle
Level 1
Level 1

Service monitor does not recognize any phones registered to a CUCM 6.x cluster.

1040 Sensors do recognize phones.

Any idea why the CUCM phones are not recognized ?

Thanks, Wolfgang

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Naveen:

Spanning does not affect the phone count from a cluster and that is Wolfgang's issue. It only affects the phone count from the 1040 sensors.

Wolfgang:

A phone count of zero for a cluster usually means there are no cdrs being pushed from the CUCM 6.x.

1) Are you getting any records in the CVTQ reports?

2) Does it show success for both HTTP and CDR on the CUCM credentials page?

3) Are you sure that you have done the task of "Setting Unified Communications Manager Service Parameters" on every CUCM in the cluster as mentioned in the following url.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_monitor/2.0.1/user/guide/confccm.html#wp1037067

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Have you spanned the switchports on the switch to which the phones are connected to? if not, the following link can help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Hope this info helps.

Please rate helpful posts.

Naveen

Naveen:

Spanning does not affect the phone count from a cluster and that is Wolfgang's issue. It only affects the phone count from the 1040 sensors.

Wolfgang:

A phone count of zero for a cluster usually means there are no cdrs being pushed from the CUCM 6.x.

1) Are you getting any records in the CVTQ reports?

2) Does it show success for both HTTP and CDR on the CUCM credentials page?

3) Are you sure that you have done the task of "Setting Unified Communications Manager Service Parameters" on every CUCM in the cluster as mentioned in the following url.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_monitor/2.0.1/user/guide/confccm.html#wp1037067

Hi Sri,

Nice to see you here.

Well, just curious, isn't spanning the ports a way to find out how many phones are registered and how many will be monitored by the 1040 sensor?

All,

thanks, the billing server configuration was missing. Explained in detail in the admin config guide. It is working now !

Thanks for your guidance,

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the update.

Naveen:

Yes, nice seeing you on here as well.

Spanning is the only way the 1040 will be able to monitor the rtp streams from the phones. Based on the number of unique endpoints that are found from the rtp streams, CUSM will display that count on the monitored phones page. That number has to be taken in the context that it is only showing the rtp streams on that voice vlan on that switch that is being spanned that the 1040 sensor is connected to. By the way the 1040 sensor will only handle 100 rtp streams maximum (so 50 calls).

The person who started this thread, Wolfgang, is asking why he is getting zero monitored phones for his cluster (not his 1040). That number is determined from how many unique endpoints are found from CUSM analyzing the cdr records.

Hey, I have a question for you. We have around 600 phones here. I'm monitoring our publisher of our cluster and I'm only getting around half the phones? Do I have to add the subscriber as well, do you know why all of my phones aren't showing up under monitored phones?

Yeah but I just went thought it again. I may not have restarted the service on the 2nd one but I'm not sure. We'll see what happens.

Nothing different, still climbing very slowly to 300 or so. It takes forever to populate with phones.

The count is based on the number of unique phones. So as more people make calls from their phones then the count will increase. Is it plateauing at 300 or have you not waited long enough?

Also if you have SIP phones then you have to do an extra step as mentioned in the Note in the following link of the CUSM release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_monitor/2.0.1/release/notes/SrvMonRN.html#wp39528

Nope, no SIP phones.

So I have to wait for people to make calls, something I didn't know! I thought it just picked up all the phones and started monitoring them, thanks for the info.

Its a running count of unique endpoints (actually phones and gateways are counted). If you have RMAed phones then you will need to suspend/resume the cluster to reset the running counter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: