cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding to Voicemail or Extension Based on Time of Day

anupamav
Level 1
Level 1

I need an incomng call to transfer to userA's mailbox between 8-3 and ring his extension and then go to VM after 3PM.I have this setup on Unity 5.0 - The Call has to go into Subscriber's mailbox greeting between 8AM and 3PM - This was accomplished by changing the active schedule on the subscriber profile. I am trying to set the call to ring the subscriber's extension and then go to voicemail between 3PM and 8AM(Closed Hours).When I set the Closed Greeting to forward to a Call handler that rings the extension, it rings and rings without terminating to the subscriber's voicemail greeting.Not sure why it is looping. Any suggestions would help.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you are integrated to CUCM 4.1 or later this can be easily achieved with Time Of Day routing

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have CUCM 6.0 and have already tried that option with no luck - even called into TAC and they were not much help either.If you have a working setup similar to my scenario and could share it - I might be able to try that option.

Thanks again

Anu

not sure why they could not get this to work if it's really easy

basic steps are to create two schedules.

let's call them workhours and offshift. you define the time for each and the name is self explanatory. one when phone will ring and one when phone won't and go to VM. assign hours accordingly

assign each schedule to the partitions.

let's call them ring and noring.

ring -> workhours

noring -> offshift

now, let's say the DN is 1234, real phone will have partition ring

then create a CTI route point, same DN but partition noring

assign both partitions to the CSS of calling device

that's it. give it a try and let me know if you have trouble.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi

This is how I set it up actually, but everytime I put the phone or CTI Routepoint in a partition with a time schedule on it,The Calls kept failing saying" Call cannot be completed as dialed". I understand this happens with Partitions and CSS issues but the CSS of the calling device has the partition and permission to reach this phone and still the error message would not go away.

This is what I did -

Created Time Period - Open (8AM - 3PM)

Created Time Period - Closed (3PM-12AM,12AM-8AM)

Assigned Partition Time1 to Open

Assigned Partition Time2 to Closed

Assignd both partitions to CSS Phone

Created 2 Translation Patterns 3XXX

one in Partition Time 1 forwarding to VM

and one in Partition Time 2 forwarding to the extension needed (1000)

After this I dialed 3000, and I hear "Call Cannot be completed as Dialed".

Is there something wrong in this setup.Seems really easy in theory and complicated when I set it up.I really hope this works, it would make the configuration a lot simpler.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Anu

I am Sorry, I missed the Time Schedule step on the previous email - Here is the correct configuration -

Created Time Period - Open (8AM - 3PM)

Created Time Period - Closed (3PM-12AM,12AM-8AM)

Created Time Schedule Classhrs - Assigned Time Period Open

Created Time Schedule NoClasshrs - Assigned Tme Period Closed

Assigned Partition Time1 to ClassHrs

Assigned Partition Time2 to NoClassHrs

Assignd both partitions to CSS Phone

Created 2 Translation Patterns 3XXX

one in Partition Time 1 forwarding to VM

and one in Partition Time 2 forwarding to the extension needed (1000)

After this I dialed 3000, and I hear "Call Cannot be completed as Dialed".

at least by what you mention that sounds fine, no other pattern that could cause issues being a better match??

does the translation pattern that will route to VM has a CSS that can reach that DN?? i mean your VM?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: