Cell Phone Caller ID on CallManager

Unanswered Question
Jul 18th, 2008
User Badges:

We have CallManager 4.2(3). When someone calls our office line from their Office provided cell phone, they show up as "External Call" as their Caller ID on the IP phone instead of the 'External Call".

It would be great to have a solution to display the correct caller ID on the IP phone.

Is this something that has to be fixed from CallManager end or is it the Cell Phone company or the Long Distance Provider that we subscribe to?

If something can be done at my end, can anyone please tell me how?

Our gateways are all MGCP gateways and not H.323. Maybe this can help. thanks in advance and I will surely rate all the helpful posts.

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Rob Huffman Fri, 07/18/2008 - 11:31
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Naveen,

If other Callers CLID show up correctly when they reach your office phones then this is most likely a problem with the Mobile provider. If nothing ever shows the proper CLID it is likely a problem with your local provider as CLID Name/Number display is usually an add-on that is an extra cost.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Naveen Raj Janardhan Wed, 07/23/2008 - 07:48
User Badges:

Hi All,

When contacted our LD provider, they asked me to check "if our number plan for national-public is set" what does this mean and where do I need to check for this?

Thanks.

paolo bevilacqua Fri, 07/18/2008 - 13:09
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi, on the GW, do "debug isdn q931" and "term mon" to verify that calling number is sent by telco.

Actions

This Discussion