cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single SSID with Multiple WLAN and getting IP from Different DHCP pools

nibinrodrigues
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 2 CISCO 4404 controller and 160 lightweight access point. In my network I have

2 6509 core switches 1 main and other backup with FSWM module. I have 11 floors in the site so I created

11 context as per customer requirement. Now the problem is that I want 2 SSID

a) ABCD_Guest -- to connect guest

B) ABCD_INTERNAL -- contains 11 WLANS ( how can I get DHCP IP for these 11 wLANs from different

pools based the password (Network -key) user is providing. If am using NAC for authenticating user

what will be the configuration in Controller side.

Please help

Thaks in advance

2 Replies 2

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

I think you can create 11 dynamic interfaces on WLC and use 'aaa override' feature on WLAN level to assign the different users to different dynamic interfaces(vlans) based on the authentication results.

Here is the link for 'aaa override' doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.2/configuration/guide/c42sol.html#wp1086421

Zhenningx

Hi thanks for the solution, presently I created 11 WLANS. And the clients can see only 2 SSID SSIDA-for guest & SSIDB for Internal users for 10 floors(each floor different DHCP POOL). So can client get the ip from DHCP pool based on the password(network key) he is giving ? . Actually how the clent request goes to the proper DHCP pool based on the Network Key. Now I got IP from DHCP pool to my guest.

Thanks and Regards

Nibin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card