Unity 4 - Can not hear voice on the phone???

Answered Question
Jul 19th, 2008

Hi,

Strange behaviour.I have configured CCM 4.1(1) with Unity 4.0. When i try to access the Hunt Pilot no from my IP Communicator i can hear the greeting .. But wen i try to access it via my any of the hard phone (79xx) it shows me connected and playing the message but i can not hear anything . On the unity status monitor i can see that it is working fine.

WHy can not i hear anything on the hard phone ??? wat could be an issue?

Nouman Khan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by thfergus about 8 years 4 months ago

Is the computer the ip communicator software is installed on and the 79XX phones on the same ip subnet? If not, do you have a pc on the same ip subnet as the 79XX phones which you can use to ping the Unity ip address? Are both NICs on the Unity server enabled?

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
thfergus Sat, 07/19/2008 - 07:04

Is the computer the ip communicator software is installed on and the 79XX phones on the same ip subnet? If not, do you have a pc on the same ip subnet as the 79XX phones which you can use to ping the Unity ip address? Are both NICs on the Unity server enabled?

nomykhan Sat, 07/19/2008 - 22:34

Hi,

Everything is on the same subnet - VLAN 1 - i am testing the system before putting in production.

From 79xx phones wen i call the Voice Mail number i can see the phone connected the unity and playing message but i can not hear it.

With IP Communicator it is working fine.

regards

Nouman Khan

nomykhan Sat, 07/19/2008 - 23:46

hey man ,

Thanks for the help.

LOL. The default gateway on the phones was not correct. They were not able to reach unity directly.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion